Monday, April 25, 2011

Under the Dome

I've accepted the Blogging A to Z Challenge. All month, I'm going to blog about Books from A to Z.


by Stephen King Under the Dome, A Novel 1 edition
In the late eighties, I wanted to read some Stephen King. I asked what I should read, and folks pointed me to The Shining. I read it, thought it was fairly engrossing, but it was never "scary" and I didn't bother reading any more Stephen King.

Then, ten years ago or so, I read great reviews of his On Writing book. I checked out the audio version from the library and thought it was absolutely fantastic. I didn't read any more Stephen King.

Last year, I kept seeing mentions of Under the Dome, and more than that, saw the cover. Yes, the cover made me want to read the book. I borrowed it from someone and flew right through it. What a great read. Really involving, really well-detailed. He's obviously a gifted storyteller. But I didn't bother to seek out any more Stephen King.

Then I saw an announcement of his forthcoming novel: 11/22/63: A Novel. I can't wait.

1 comment:

KC Kendricks said...

Just stopping by as part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I read Stephen King right up to "Gerald's Game." That one stopped me :)