Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Story of Day 19

So for my Day 19 beard photo, I decided to invite a guest.

I got a phone call that John Edwards planned a campaign stop at a nearby restaurant and I figured I'd pop over and see if I couldn't get a snapshot of me with him. It was an exceptionally chilly morning, so the crowd waited for him inside the restaurant. I stood outside, near his bus and waited for him to come out. As soon as he did, I rushed over and said, "May I please just take a quick picture?" His reply: "Can we do it afterwards? I'm really pressed." He was obviously cranky and, well, without hope of winning the primary, I suppose, but I just stood beside him and started snapping.

"Thanks!" I said as he headed into the restaurant.

I didn't bother to listen to his speech.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

That's awesome! "Can we do it later?" "Yeah, whatever Johnny, say CHEESE!"